Friday, February 10, 2012

Tip Day: A day late and a dollar short...

So I've been traveling for work this week, doing a lovely and scenic tour of Massachusetts (read:  sarcasm) so my Tip Day Thursday is now today Friday.  So I was inspired by my own lateness and general hectic schedule to write about timing. 


Event planning comes down to two things essentially:  organization and timing.  Without organization no event will run smoothly.  Planning ahead for problems, keeping track of your to-do lists and having an accurate list of all vendors, their contact information and a copy of their contract are the best ways to stay organized when planning your event.  Starting a file for each event is my first step after meeting with a client, even if they haven't fully booked my services yet. 

Timing is equally as important as staying organized.  Timing will keep you on track and most importantly, save you money.  Booking vendors early, in the off season, or during off hours,  are all great tips to save money when planning an event and are all influenced by timing.  Having an event timeline to go with your to do list is essential.  Knowing what needs to be done when is the first place to start!   

Looking for some wedding specific organization and timing tips?  Email me directly here and I will send you a budget worksheet and timeline to get you started if you say you read it here.   

Thanks for reading and happy planning! 

No comments:

Post a Comment